Creative Help is a different kind of consultancy agency. Our company works with the support of creative leaders and practitioners with strong working experience in the projects we take on. Our services range from: interim leadership and leadership support, change management and project management to festival, event and content generation. We also love doing our own thing by pulling together talented people to form new creative collaborative teams to develop and produce new exciting work.
- Creative Help is passionate about the arts, we believe that art changes lives; we are not here to tell you what you need to do, we are here to provide practical help.
- Creative Help wants to assist organisations and individuals through periods of change and high pressure, not by writing long reports but by lending you a helping hand.
- Creative Help provides business change and rebranding; arts leadership and programming; application writing and arts in health and social settings.
- Creative Help works with specialists to support architects and their clients to create and build strong and sustainable cultural buildings in which design and purpose become one.
- Creative Help is here to support you, whether that is through a period of change, the management of a major project or retained to help assist you on particular projects or aspects of your work and programme.
- Creative Help also loves to develop and produce new creative work, developing new event and festival ideas as well as leading on a range of digital media projects.
Creative Help was born from real experience of major change and the frustration caused by the only help out there taking the form of expensive reports telling us what we needed to do rather than actually accepting we may already know this, and helping us through a period of strain. Creative Help seeks to inject real practical strategic support through times of pressure, in essence we are here to support delivery of short, medium and long-term projects which at times might be right at the heart of an organisation. We will write reports if extra support and capacity is needed, perhaps to build a case for further support or make funding bids, but we see little point just confirming that an organisation needs help, confirming what you already know.
Creative Help was founded by Gwilym Gibbons FRSA. He is a producer, innovator and creative social entrepreneur.
Under Gwilym’s leadership, Creative Help works with a small technical team, and recruits experience and skills from a collective of freelance creative sector professionals augmented with culture friendly specialist financial, legal and HR advice. All either currently work within the sector or have recent experience. The aim is high quality, experienced peer support. Supporting freelancers matched carefully to the particular need expressed by those seeking help. Creative Help also develops and leads on a range of its own creative projects spanning from events and festivals to film and TV.
Not everybody in need can afford it, so our aim is to place a 20% levy on commercial and public sector and 10% on community and voluntary sector clients to feed a Creative Help Fund. This Fund will enable our team to help organisations and individuals that otherwise would be left out in the cold. Our aim is for our fees, even with the levy to be competitive against the wider consulting sector. We will operate with little overheads, a small core team, and utilise the full power of our digital age.
- We will meet with you at cost of travel and accommodation to understand your requirements. We’ll then prepare a support plan for free that sets our approach and our thinking. If we don’t click here, there’s no further charge. We want to make sure we work for you from the beginning.
- Our fees are clearly stated in our support plans. We don’t create an expensive Phase One or Two. We aim to understand exactly the work you need to be done and put a clear price on it, start to finish. If we think your brief is missing onward elements, we’ll say so.
- We do not accept commissions from external agencies or funders on behalf of clients unless we have a clear sense that any such approach is backed by the staff and governance of our client. We want to work directly for the people who need our support.
- We don’t cut and paste your own work and send it back to you. Expensive scoping and background is our problem, and appears as appendices. We start from the point of helping; understanding your context is our challenge and not on the bill.
- Creative Help makes full use of the power of online collaboration thus minimising expense where possible and increasing our availability. We do insist on seeing the whites of your eyes at least once though and we will agree early on with you a communications plan with training as required that best fits the task at hand. We use Box for managing and sharing files and Skype for meetings and conferences.