- Chief executive
- Strategic leader
- Board member and chair
- Leadership, governance and management
- Organisational development
- Business planning
- Change management
- Developing and implementing plans for recovery and improvement.
- Managing and supporting relationships among board members and executive members.
- Analysing complex organisational data to avert a crisis.
David Williams FRSA is an experienced coach, facilitator and consultant including roles as chief executive, board member and chair.
David supports the critical relationship between senior managers and boards of ethically driven organisations because we know this can make the difference between a functioning and dysfunctional company. He is passionate about developing resilience and sustainability through transformative and lasting change because we all live in an age of uncertainty, austerity and increasing scrutiny.
David brings his practical experience to go beyond legal compliance to best practice because it’s about living our values not covering our backs. He has over 30 years experience in leadership, governance and management in the third sector. He is also a coach and facilitator with further specialist training in emotional and cultural intelligence and nonviolent communication (often used in mediation).
David is a trustee of The Queen’s Nursing Institute Scotland; a community councillor in Dennistoun, Glasgow and he is a volunteer mentor for Sported, an Olympic legacy company empowering community groups to improve the lives of disadvantaged young people through sport.
David joined Creative Help in 2018.
David’s current clients
Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock
Working with the Chair and Theatre Director on business plan recovery issues.
Scottish Recovery Consortium
Supporting the CEO on governance issues and staff development.
Many Studios, Glasgow
Board governance review (facilitating workshops and mentoring).
Dance Base, Edinburgh
Ongoing support to the CEO and board development workshops.
David’s previous clients
- Development of business plan and creation of budget for new arts centre in Cumbernauld.
- Facilitation of workshops across the Highlands as part of arts strategy review.
- Research and consultancy for an American writer seeking to establish a production company. Provided budget scenarios for West End, Broadway and touring.
- Mentoring the senior management of theatre company Boy Blue Entertainment touring their Olivier award-winning show Pied Piper to venues such as Edinburgh Festival Theatre, Birmingham Hippodrome and Cardiff Millennium Centre.
- Assessment of Sharjah Theatres Group in the UAE and mentoring to the artistic director who was planning a major international dance gala in a 2,000-seat venue.
- Board Development work for Craft Scotland including business plan review and coaching the first-time chief executive through a period of difficult and significant change.
- Development of business plan for new Asian theatre company.
- Review of business plan for Shetland Arts Development Agency as they prepared to open their new venue Mareel.
How David can help your organisation
- Build business resilience for long-term security.
- Focus on reputation excellence.
- Improve performance and effectiveness.
Find out more
Small changes, significant benefits
Facilitated workshops, coaching, mentoring and consultancy.